upcoming mach 0.4.3 release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Dec 4 14:58:39 UTC 2003

Hi,

If you're not interested in mach development or pedantic naming issues
then please delete and skip to the next mail.

The upcoming 0.4.3 release of mach will finally have Fedora Core 1
building support.  It will also have n/v/r parsing based on the build
options (since, for example, Matthias Saou used some variables to
construct the Source tags).

There was support added to CVS by some others.  I changed some things
though, one of which is the basename for the distribution, which is why
I'm mailing.  I've changed it to fedoracore-1-i386.  Compare this to
(for rh9) redhat-9-i386.

Also, I had asked Matthias to symlink his RPMS.core to RPMS.os to be in
line with fedora.us, though I've been told fedora.us might change
themselves from RPMS.os to RPMS.core; this allows people to choose to
get Fedora Core RPMS from either freshrpms or fedora.us (Since at work
we have a freshrpms local mirror, I'm forced to using that one :))

Since the actual distro released is Fedora Core 1, however, and I'm
assuming there might be releases of other sets (say, Fedora Freeworld 1)
which might have another base, I wanted to make it explicit that this is
fedoracore and not fedora.

I could be persuaded to change this before the release, but I want to
make sure people understand why I chose this for now and that I don't
intend to change it anymore after the release...

Thomas