rawhide report: 20031204 changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 23:57:11 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 14:04, Greg KH wrote:
> I already have tcl and tk installed.  And yes, I was using -Uvh to pick
> up everything:

-Uvh is generally not the best plan on a full rawhide.  Realistically,
you want something that's going to resolve deps and let you ignore
certain problematic packages ;-)

[snip]
> It just looks like those packages still need tcl 8.3.x while tcl 8.4.5
> is the only version in the tree right now.  Did some things just not get
> rebuilt?  Or am I using a stale mirror?

tcl just got a version bump.  It'll take a few days for that to
percolate to every package that has a tcl dependency at all based on
when package maintainers get around to rebuilding.

Jeremy