top problems

marianolinux at Argentina.com marianolinux at Argentina.com
Sun Dec 7 05:16:37 UTC 2003

hi everybody,the AMD processor shows you the information of the clock speed,
at themoment you asked. So, if you asked to a 2800+ microprocessor, when
it'snot working, it seems to be a processor of 200mhz, for example. Theproblem
is when the processor gives you the information.i've checked.

-----------------------------

Hi,I have three machines running FC1.  On those three, when I run top tocheck
system usage, I see the load averages at sane values.The lines displaying
CPU usage are totally off. Either they're all at0%, or irq, softirq and
iowait are sharing everything among themselves,like this:CPU states:  cpu
   user    nice  system    irq  softirq  iowait    idle           total
   0,0%    0,0%    0,0%  33,3%    33,4%   33,1%    0,0%Is anyone else seeing
this ? Is this a known bug in top ? The only thingsimilar on the three machines
is that I'm running stuff niced as well,but it shouldn't matter...Thomas

--------
E-mail y acceso a Internet UltraVeloz totalmente GRATIS en Buenos Aires,
Rosario, Cordoba, Mendoza, La Plata y Pilar
http://www.Argentina.com
Nro. de acceso 5078-5000 Usuario: Argentina Password: Argentina