Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 19:47:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:40:48PM +0000, Philip Wyett wrote:
> Well... other than I prefer Gnome, there is no reason at all why Gnome
> should not be the one to go. My real point is I think we are reaching a
> point of critical mass (or soon will) with the larger Window Managers,
> their apps and for the sake of distro size and to allow additional much
> needed tools in - one may have to go.

DVD players get common, DVD burners get cheaper, average bandwidth rises.
I'm not sure who is winning the race - the package builders or the media
people 8)

Being able to do things like pull large less critical stuff cleanly onto
a specific CD (eg so generic installs dont need CD3) would be great but
the kind of juggling required isnt trivial