Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 20:09:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:55:39PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Note that Red Hat hasn't even shipped a kernel that supported that
> box for multiple releases (since 7.3). I'm not sure that scaling
> back the requirements that much is something that fits the model
> of always moving forward with new technology.

Huh?  Sure we have.  You can use the BOOT kernel if you don't mind
missing a few pieces.  :-)

Moving technology forward doesn't HAVE to mean being in a race with
memory, cpu, and disk producing companies.  We want to scale small
as well as large, and I'm not strictly opposed to making this
available if we can figure out how to do it without making life
significantly harder for us.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/