yum update hell

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Mon Dec 8 22:07:58 UTC 2003

Samuel Flory wrote:
> Neal D. Becker wrote:
>
>> I can't run yum update anymore.

It seems you have conflicting repositories configured.

>> yum update
>> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>> Server: Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)
>> Server: Fedora Linux / stable for Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)
>> Server: Fedora Linux / testing for Red Hat Linux 1 (i386)

The last two are fedora.us stable and testing, right?

>> Server: Red Hat Linux 1 (i386) updates
>> Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
>> Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
>> Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)

Here, the last three are fedora.us stable (again), testing (again) and
unstable. Try removing the two previous entries. Is this an upgraded box?

>> Server: Macromedia Flash Player for Red Hat Linux 1

I'm also curious why your repositories are named Red Hat Linux 1? Did
you name them that yourself?

/Peter