Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Dec 9 07:08:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 08:52, seth vidal wrote:

> > I know, hard to resist... OTOH I can do "apt-get groupremove somegroup"
> > :)
>
> what policies for the recursive group removal and metapackages does that
> follow?

Nothing currently, just the packages directly listed in a group. In fact
I just realized when replying to the "for example KDE" mail that I'm not
processing the groupreq's at all, causing
"apt-get groupinstall kde" to be an empty set, whereas it should pull in
kde-desktop and it's dependencies. Oh well, more to do for the next
version :)

> I didn't implement it in yum b/c I wasn't certain which path to follow
> for recursively removing group reqs

Perfectly understandable.. "apt-get -D remove" which does recursive
removal of dependencies can easily blow up in your face :(

	- Panu -