Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Naoki Shigematsu sigematu at impress.co.jp
Tue Dec 9 08:12:13 UTC 2003

Hi,

	:
> However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
> hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
> be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
> from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.

I wish:

1) webmin <http://www.webmin.com/>

Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix.
Using any browser that supports tables and forms (and Java for
the File Manager module), you can setup user accounts, Apache,
DNS, file sharing and so on.

2) rrdtool <http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/>

RRD is the Acronym for Round Robin Database. RRD is a system to
 store and display time-series data (i.e. network bandwidth,
machine-room temperature, server load average). It stores the
data in a very compact way that will not expand over time,
and it presents useful graphs by processing the data to
enforce a certain data density. It can be used either via
 simple wrapper scripts (from shell or Perl) or via frontends
 that poll network devices and put a friendly user interface on it.

--
Naoki Shigematsu <sigematu at impress.co.jp>
Impress Corporation