Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Tue Dec 9 08:43:25 UTC 2003

Hi,

bi-arch system for x86_64 would be nice.
One should be able to compile 32 bit libs and
applications on x86_64. E.g. I would like to use
rpmbuild --target=i386 to produce 32-bit compiled
rpm packages on x84_64. rpmbuild should give the
proper --libdir= etc. options to the software's
configure script in such a way that the produced
libraries can be installed on both ia32 and x86_64
Fedoras.

The rpm packages should be more refined
so i386 and x86_64 does not conflict. E.g.
the documentation files under /usr/share/doc/<package>
and other common files should be in a <package>-common rpm,
the development header files in a <package>-devel-common, etc.
These rpms can be noarch.rpm since they only contain
textfiles.

Bill Nottingham írta:
> Justin M. Forbes (64bit_fedora at comcast.net) said:
>
>>Concurrent FC2 releases for x86_64 and i386.
>

> If everything is working, that would certainly be a goal.
>
> Bill
>

> --

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi