Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Tue Dec 9 11:39:42 UTC 2003

Le lun 08/12/2003 à 21:42, Dan Young a écrit :
> Wil Cooley said:
> > (Remember the discussion last week about LDAP?)
>
> Apropos LDAP integration, how about a purty system-config-ldap
> (slapd/schemas/replication/etc.) tool? Probably need to pull in the
> python-ldap module.

Well, what we certainly need is tools and sane default templates to
easily integrate a new system in a small (or not so small) network,
either as a station or as the main server.

IE :
- centralised user info & password (ldap + kerberos)
- file server (nfs4 ?)
- print server
- windows integration (samba)

Most of the software is already there, what we need is something that
doesn't need a week reading half-baked english howtos to work.

This would target all SMEs that need relief from MS licensing but do not
have the internal know-how to integrate all the various pieces, and all
the home networks (which I do expect to proliferate soon with broadband
availability, wireless and computer replacement instead of first buys).

Fedora right now is a great single-box solution, we need it to take over
the small networks now (or let the NT bits in XP do it).

Another killer app would be spamassassin with all the blacklist bridges
in fedora.us, basic fedora spamassassin is not good enough to kill the
various swen-like worm storms.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot