Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Tadashi Jokagi ml at elf.no-ip.org
Tue Dec 9 12:00:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

Michael K. Johnson's"Fedora Core 2 wishlists" wrote:
>However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
>hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
>be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
>from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.

What was thought of is mentioned.
I think that it is difficult to realize all by FC2.

- advanced UTF-8 correspondence
There is rpm which UTF-8-ization has not completed.

- Exact localization
For example, neither MUA nor an irc client can treat Japanese correctly.

- mbstring-izing of PHP
In the case of Japanese environment, a mbstring module is near indispensable.

- The addition of a PHP's PECL module
There is a convenient extended module called PECL in PHP.

- Update of logrotate
It is old.;-)

- rrdtool
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
RRD is the Acronym for Round Robin Database. RRD is a system to store and display time-series data (i.e. network bandwidth, machine-room temperature, server load average). It stores the data in a very compact way that will not expand over time, and it presents useful graphs by processing the data to enforce a certain data density. It can be used either via simple wrapper scripts (from shell or Perl) or via frontends that poll network devices and put a friendly user interface on it.

- The web interface management tool
- cacti
http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti/
When it comes to network monitoring/graphing, Tobi Oetiker's RRDTool does it best. It gives you the ability to put data into a database, then represent that data on a graph as you see fit.

- phpMyAdmin
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the WWW. Currently it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields, manage privileges,export data into various formats and is available in 47 languages.

- phpPgAdmin
http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/
phpPgAdmin is a web-based administration tool for PostgreSQL. It is perfect for PostgreSQL DBAs, newbies and hosting services.

- The web contents management systems and colabolation systems.
- XOOPS
http://www.xoops.org/
XOOPS is a dynamic OO (Object Oriented) based open source portal script written in PHP .
XOOPS supports a number of databases (currently only mySQL is supported), making XOOPS an ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites

- PukiWiki
http://pukiwiki.org/
PukiWiki consists of a series of PHP Scripts designed to build a collection of web pages which can be edited by anyone without any restriction.
Pukiwiki is more flexible than moderate bulletinboards.

--
Tadashi Jokagi/Shibuya city mailto:elf at elf.no-ip.org
Yokukitana   http://elf.no-ip.org/
Yokukitawiki http://elf.no-ip.org/wiki/