Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:55:54 UTC 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:

> When you mention "some of the stuff", do you mean cracklib's parameters,
> or something else entirely?

Two slightly different problems, really, and they're both due to how
authconfig works now:

1. all the stuff currently done by authconfig can't be customized beyond
what little authconfig supports. For example, if I want stronger password
quality enforcement than authconfig's defaults, I can't do that.

2. I can't extend it and add anything not known by authconfig. I've got some
additional modules which need to always be included in my environment here.
They'd logically work inserted into system-auth, but authconfig run later
would blow them away.

later,
chris