Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 9 16:41:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 09:12, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:28:05AM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > MailScanner can strip executables easily, doing basically everything
> > MIMEdefang does and then some.  I found the installation extremely easy, even
> > on an Aurora 1.0 SPARC box.  It does, however, override the default sendmail
> > initscript, and starts both itself and sendmail in one initscript.  This
>
> So every time you upgrade sendmail, your MailScanner config is hosed?
> Ick!  Or do they use triggers?  (worse)

I have a hard time believing it does everything MD does and then some..
I mean they are both perl so you can do pretty much any kitchen sink
item. Having worked with another virus scanner that does the replacement
of sendmail scripts.. I know the pain of breaking on an upgrade. I would
prefer something completely different.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645