Fedora Core 2 wishlists

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Dec 9 19:58:53 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 18:38, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:15:30AM -0500, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> >
> > 2.6 is looking good.  There's a lot of integration work to do, though.
>
> Is there anything we can do to provide help with this intergration?
>
> Like provide udev packages, etc... :)

This would be great - Kernel 2.6 without udev wouldn't really make
sense, would it? :-)

It would also be great to have an updated version of D-BUS as the
current D-BUS in Fedora is 0.13, and udev can use D-BUS>=0.20 to emit
D-BUS signals on the system message bus when device nodes are added and
removed (it's not enabled by default in udev).

The bad part is that packages depending on D-BUS 0.13 would require
changes on a source-level basis as non-API compatible changes were
introduced in D-BUS post 0.13. From memory, I recall that this at least
involves some CUPS stuff, the recently patched magicdev and possibly
bluez-pin if that is in FC1 today.

Thanks,
David

(My real motivation behind this cheering is of course, that at some
point I'd like to propose the freedesktop.org hal stuff I'm working on
for FC1 and I'd like to have my dependencies resolved before that :-) )