Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 20:15:44 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:48:49PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Just "expose the Core component under another name" is a lot harder than
> it sounds because there are a number of very real interface problems
> that causes -- you then end up with what's basically "minimal" and "more
> minimal".  Trust me, it's not hidden because I have some vendetta
> against people wanting small installs.  If that were the case, it
> wouldn't exist at all. :)

I've taken HCI, I'm not entirely clueless here.  Obviously, the
language used to expose it must express what is happening.  We
could call it the "Useless" class if you didn't want anyone to
select it, though that would get a flood of mailing list questions.
"Bare-bones" has been suggested.  There's got to be the right name
somewhere to convey the right impression (install this and you are
on your own), but there's also the text that accompanies the name
and we really can describe what is going on there.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/