Package request template

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Dec 9 20:17:46 UTC 2003

Hi Everyone,
 A thought that came up was maybe having a structured way of requesting
new packages in the 'wishlist' thread.

So maybe having a simple template you follow for posting to the list for
new package ideas:

Name: mypackage
Version: 1.1
License: GPL
Website: http://linux.duke.edu/mypackage/
Actively Maintained?: yes
Packages exist?: yes (http://linux.duke.edu/mypackage/rpm/)
  This is mypackage it does wonderful things. I especially like the
  --curediseases --solveworldhunger --promotepeace and --makedaylonger
options.

Reasons for requesting:
 I like it a lot, it works well and it fits in well with the other
panacea packages  available in the panacea desktop.

Rough Software Requirements:
 libpeace
 libfood
 libvaccine
 libpipedreams
 gtk+ >= 2.2

=======

If everyone would do the background research to fill in this template
for your wishlist package it would help out a lot.

Addendums to the templater are welcome.

-sv