Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 9 21:23:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 05:13, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:17:30AM +0100, Gerard Milmeister wrote:
> > If the FC2 kernel is 2.6, will alsa be the default sound drivers?
> > If yes, what is the version w.r.t alsa-project.org? Maybe a
>
> We don't want to put together a patchwork kernel.  If an update is
> not ready for the upstream kernel, why should it be considered ready
> for the Fedora Core kernel?
>
> > configuration tool for some of the alsa features would be in order then?
>
> I prefer things to just work out of the box when possible...
>
> What features would you be suggesting there be config tool support
> for?

- Multiple soundcards: either at install time (configurator finds more
than one supported card and user gets to choose), or afterwards when the
user installs an additional card.

- Usb soundcards: sort of same as before, hotplug would take care of
that I guess, but I think there has to be an entry in modules.conf for
snd-usb-audio (automatic entry? user chooses?, I don't know).

-- Fernando