Package request template

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Dec 9 21:23:38 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:17, seth vidal wrote:
> If everyone would do the background research to fill in this template
> for your wishlist package it would help out a lot.
>
> Addendums to the templater are welcome.

Add into the Subject: of the email:

Subject: Package Request: mypackage

Name: mypackage
Version: 1.1 <--- This is bound to change before inclusion....
License: GPL
Language: Python
Website: http://linux.duke.edu/mypackage/
Actively Maintained?: yes
Author Contacted and Approved?: yes
Packages exist?: yes (http://linux.duke.edu/mypackage/rpm/)
  This is mypackage it does wonderful things. I especially like the
  --curediseases --solveworldhunger --promotepeace and --makedaylonger
options.

Reasons for requesting:
 I like it a lot, it works well and it fits in well with the other
panacea packages  available in the panacea desktop.

Rough Software Requirements:
 libpeace
 libfood
 libvaccine
 libpipedreams
 gtk+ >= 2.2

Target: Alternatives/Extras/Core (Use the defined guidelines at
fedora.redhat.com for where your package should land.  If you chose
Core, brief reason for why you feel it should be in Core and not
Extras.  If in Alternatives, please indicate what packages it would
conflict with)

I added:

Author Contacted and Approved:
Language:
Target:

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: