Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 22:17:10 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 06:31:13PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
>
> >o 2.4 kernel as backup
> >

> Good idea.  This is especially important because of the critical drivers
> that are not yet ported to 2.6 kernel... for example dpt_i2o SCSI RAID.

Huge amounts of hardware items are 2.4 only right now but it depends how
much that changes over early 2.6 releases. Many vendors wont port their
drivers until 2.6.x is out.

It may be by FC2 that nobody needs 2.4 but I don't believe that is remotely
likely. Current 2.6 test doesn't support most of my hardware.