Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 22:45:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 06:54:27PM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Today nodody cares for aacraid in 2.4 kernel and this's a *critical driver*.
> And there are more SCSI drivers in the same situation that aacraid.

Adaptec has Mark assigned to work on aacraid part time. But don't expect
anything for 2.6 until 2.6 is out and a bit more stable. Thats been a general
vendor reaction unfortunately.

I normally also do bits on aacraid but I'm doing an MBA right now so its
just a fraction of Mark's time, and the truth is nobody is asking Adaptec
for 2.6 support yet and won't until 2.6 is in the deployment radar of
people like Dell.

Alan