Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 10 04:12:05 UTC 2003

Once upon a time, Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> said:
> - Postfix default MTA, probably get rid of sendmail altogether

Don't get rid of sendmail unless you've got something to replace it.
Last I looked, postfix cannot replace sendmail on my servers, although
it is a lot better than qmail (gag!).

What is the bias against sendmail?  Don't give me security history; how
many security holes have there been in OpenSSL, OpenSSH, Apache, the
Linux kernel, rsync, etc. over the last couple of years?  Now, how many
in sendmail?  I don't see people ranting to replace OpenSSH because they
recently had several security releases in less than a week.

Sendmail still happens to be one of the more powerful MTAs around.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>