Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chuck Mead csm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 15:17:58 UTC 2003

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Chris Ricker <kaboom at gatech.edu> said:
>
>>On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Chris Adams wrote:
>>
>>>Don't get rid of sendmail unless you've got something to replace it.
>>>Last I looked, postfix cannot replace sendmail on my servers, although
>>>it is a lot better than qmail (gag!).
>>
>>Out of curiosity, why not?
>

> Milter is probably the biggest reason at the moment.  I filter 1000
> spams a minute with a multi-server setup using milter (sendmail is
> running on several servers and the milter server is on another server).
>
> Also, I have some heavily tuned custom configs.  Can postfix allow
> multiple DNSBLs to be merged into one (with different response code) to
> cut down on DNS requests, and allow some to reject before RCPT TO and
> some after?

Why not just block this garbage at the smtp port and stop all this silly
post-receipt processing? Postfix can do this!

Read up on header_checks, body_checks, and mime_checks with postfix!

RBL stuff works in postfix the same way it works in sendmail.

--
Chuck Mead <csm at redhat.com>
Instructor II, GLS