Default sudo setup (Was: Re: The Future of Fedora.)

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 17:38:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:07:32AM -0800, Shahms King wrote:
> I like that scheme and I'm pretty sure it can *all* be done using just
> sudo and an appropriately clever sudoers file.

Not quote -- most of this already goes through userhelper, not sudo,
so from an infrastructure standpoint making /etc/pam.d/ files for
stuff that uses userhelper use pam_wheel, appropriately configured.
I just haven't thought through the pam configuration to make the
"if in wheel, prompt for user password, otherwise prompt for root
password" scheme work, which is why I thought there might be a bit
more work to do.

*Most* of the infrastructure is there, though, I think.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/