The Future of Fedora

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 11 02:42:13 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 06:36:23PM -0600, Otto Haliburton wrote:

> IMHO it is this kind of attitude that causes problems.  The object of all
> should be to put the best product out and the only way to do that is to
> point out its defect, some may choose to write bug reports others may try to
> describe the problem.

Describing the problem in terms of "I don't like this therefore it sucks!"
or "Windows does it this way, therefore Linux should too!" doesn't qualify
as valid criticism, IMHO. You're perfectly free to dislike a given feature,
of course, and to suggest appropriate replacements but posting statements
like "Believe me, there are other ways to be the same reliability and
security, without the annoying passwords." in HTML without giving any facts
to support your arguements is not the best way to get things done.

Emmanuel