Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Sat Dec 13 10:37:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 01:31, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 01:05, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   you need to nfs mount a shared directory.
> > Edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date, set keepAfterInstall to 1
>
> There's an option in one of the GUI for it (don't remember
> where but I clicked on it). All package manager
> I know of have this option off by default, looks
> wrong when I look at 1$/gig for disk vs consumer monthly
> price of bandwidth :).

You seem to have no idea how this makes /var/spool/up2date grow over the
time... On several occasions I had this filling up my /var partition
making other stuff break. Given that (I think) the majority of people
who have to think about online costs cater only one machine from it, I'd
say the default is good. Even more so because there's a nice, shiny GUI
tool to change it ;-).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com