FC2 initial schedule posted

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 19:55:10 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:35:05PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> I think you're making a bad mistake.  By encouraging the upstream
> developers to automate RPM submission, you would substantially increase
> the freshness of the updates you get.

That's really not a major problem; when things just build from
upstream, updating them isn't a problem.

Basically, there are problems, but getting an updated build of most
packages is the trivial part for 95% of packages (exceptions are
things like the kernel).

> Please, at least don't write in submission requirements that make
> scripting more difficult.

Package *metadata* is maintained in a CVS archive, and that archive
needs to be consistent with the built packages.  One of the things
we are working on is getting that publically available.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/