FC1 Support for *relative* new hardware

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 19:57:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:55:28PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> But if there is something heavier ongoing in testing it is not that easy
> vor the linux-beginner to integrate this work in the current stable
> version.

updates/testing is ONLY for things aimed at updates.  It is specifically
not rawhide.

> Therefor my proposal with a separate repository -- users that don't need
> the update won't get them automatically and users who really need them
> can get them easily.

No, adding a separate repository for each kind of update a user might
need (don't think for a moment that drivers would be the only one)
would end up an unmanageable nightmare.

> AFAIK yes -- and (again AFAIK) everything needed is already in testing.

To be clear, not rawhide, but the updates/testing repository that you
get by uncommenting a few lines in the default yum.conf that we shipped?

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/