FC1 Support for *relative* new hardware

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Dec 16 18:55:38 UTC 2003

Am Mo, den 15.12.2003 schrieb Michael K. Johnson um 20:57:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:55:28PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Therefor my proposal with a separate repository -- users that don't need
> > the update won't get them automatically and users who really need them
> > can get them easily.
>
> No, adding a separate repository for each kind of update a user might
> need (don't think for a moment that drivers would be the only one)

Yes, that true, but drivers are something special -- sometimes without
them people can't even use linux/fedora. I don't think we should let
them wait until the next core release.

> would end up an unmanageable nightmare.

Yes, i see the point. But how to solve the driver problem for those who
really need them and to not harm those who don't need them? This is IMHO
also important.

> > AFAIK yes -- and (again AFAIK) everything needed is already in testing.
>
> To be clear, not rawhide, but the updates/testing repository that you
> get by uncommenting a few lines in the default yum.conf that we shipped?

No, sorry, my fault, I meant rawhide.

CU
thl