Configuring Dual Head using redhat-config-xfree86 broken?

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 18:56:24 UTC 2003

It works pretty well with Redhat 9.  I had to manually setup the
/etc/X11/XF86config file to get the dual-headed display. No problems.

With Fedora 1 had problams.  I did my own XF86config as with Redhat 9, but for
some reason Fedora insists on rewriting the file on boot up and I get 1
monitor again :(. Havnt figured out why yet. Also the redhat-config-xfree86
program in Fedora doesnt seem to do the dual-headed bit correctly. I can
select it to setup dual-head, but it doesnt actually do it.  I havnt looked
too deeply into why all these things are happening, because I am doing all
this at work and I dont think my boss would be too happy if he know I was not
doing my job!!

Anyway good card. Matrox cards appear to work with Linux quite well.

Good luck

James Harrison