Nameing guideline for external kernel-modules in fedora(.us)

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 17 20:13:23 UTC 2003

> > > So make the SMP one require the UP.
> > > Frankly SMP alsa users are the minority, they'd better have an UP kernel
> > > as fallback, so they can live with two alsa modules without polluting
> > > normal user systems.
> >
> > Why? My SMP boxes don't have a UP kernel on them.
>
> Well, better :
> - SMP users shall have SMP and UP code
> than :
> - everyone shall have SMP and UP code
>
> And anyway who is going to use 2.4 alsa on smp now ?

Now as in today? I have been doing that at CCRMA for quite a while (we
have smp machines). All Planet CCRMA users with smp machines do (no,
that set is not empty).

-- Fernando