Can't access www.jxta.org when using kernel-2.6

Ian P. Thomas ipthomas at mac.com
Thu Dec 18 03:03:28 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 20:31, Sudirman Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried many kernel-2.6 release from arjanv and
> yesterday from development channel. One thing that I
> noticed is that I can't access www.jxta.org inside
> mozilla. There's no problem to access when using
> kernel 2.4.
>
> Anybody seen the same problem?

	I've seen the problem occur, but not on Fedora.  I had this
happen on NetBSD.  Mozilla had a problem with IPV6 and I added support
for IPV6 in a kernel I built.  Your new kernel may have been built with
IPV6 support, causing you not to be able to reach this website.  Mozilla
may have fixed this bug, so this may not even be the issue.  I thought
I'd mention my experience just in case.

Ian