Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Thu Dec 18 17:19:03 UTC 2003

Other than the FAQ clarifications on not getting source, there is also
that UofW seems to be rather litigous about the source code. When the
FSF decided to try and do a fork back in 1999 using an older version
with a very lose license.. the project was dropped because UoW
threatened to sue, and the FSF decided it wasnt worth the effort.

In the end, I think it is up to the community to really write a user
friendly mail client (and I agree mutt doesnt fit the need for
everyone.. I have given up on it because my brain isnt vi like.. and it
isnt going to be.). It may look like pine, but it couldnt have access to
the code to base anything off of it.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645