It's all in your head [ was core 1 iso2 md5sum not matching ]

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Sat Dec 20 06:18:30 UTC 2003

Phil Wilshire wrote:

> I have searched the mail archives and see no reports on this problem.

personally, I'd take that as a sign that the problem doesn't actually
exist and if i were getting mismatch md5sums i would assume that I was
doing something wrong...if others were not already reporting a problem.

The isos i grabbed from dulug the first week FC1 core was released had
matching md5sums. And doing a quick md5sum in the directory again just
now shows the md5sum are still the same as the ones listed on the
official website. So...short of re-downloading the isos again, I'd say
this problem is in your head, your download client, or possibly a bad
proxy cache sitting between you and the internet. But to be sure...im
downloading disc2 iso from the ncsu mirror right now...and yes its still
the same md5sum.
fd23fe32fafe7557f5d1fa1d31100580 http://fedora.redhat.com/download/
fd23fe32fafe7557f5d1fa1d31100580 dulug from 1st week of release
fd23fe32fafe7557f5d1fa1d31100580 ncsu just now

I think i see a pattern forming....

I have several points of advice for you for the future:

1) the -devel-list is not the place for this question..use the
fedora-list for end-user related issues

2) in the future...you need to state explicitly which mirrors you have
tried. If there is a problem specific to the 3 mirrors you tried..the
chances of me choosing to use the same 3 mirrors for my tests are pretty
small. When asking for help be accurate and be specific with the
information you provide, or you will not get accurate help with your
issue.  And see advice 1) if you are thinking about replying back to the
-devel-list with more accurate information... take the lessons you have
learned from me and ask in the fedora-list.

3) Try to use a different download client. ncftp is working just
perfectly fine for me talking to ftp mirrors.

-jef"drinking tequila makes the md5sum match much more
frequently"spaleta