XFS in Fedora Core 2

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Sat Dec 20 13:45:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> > > Yes, the same reason we have always had!
> > > That doesn't mean it's inviolable, but the reason hasn't gone away.
> >
> > One thing that could be done is to create a checkbox in the installer,
> > "Use other filesystems". Selecting the checkbox by the user will add the
> > other filesystems to the existing list.
>
> This is kind of crappy from a UI perspective.  Disk Druid already has a
> cluttered enough interface.  Throwing more checkboxes in there isn't
> going to help.  :)

Just add it to the drop-down scroll filesystem box. Maybe separate them off
from the supported ones (not that that has any meaning for Fedora, but some
filesystems will still be more equal than others, I suppose ;-) with white
space and put experimental after them

|--------------------
|swap               |
|ext2               |
|ext3               |
|lvm                |
|raid               |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|xfs (experimental) |
|jfs (experimental) |
|reiser (crack)     |

Or whatever....

If you think Disk Druid's cluttered, install SuSE sometimes. Bazillions of
options available in disk partitioning, except they still managed not to
have the ones I actually needed ;-)

later,
chris