Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Dec 20 15:30:22 UTC 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 10:15 am, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> 2.6 is looking good.  There's a lot of integration work to do, though.

> However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
> hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
> be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
> from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.

Alright, I'll put in my two cents worth, with a really off-the-wall request.

I'd like to see the linux-atm userland and ATM configuration in
redhat-config-network.  I'd like to see interface bonding working with both
CIP and LANE ATM connections. (for hot failover, just like I get with my
switch-to-switch PNNI connections).  Being able to bind multiple LANE
interfaces to a single ATM NIC would also be very nice.  Or a mixed LANE
interface and a CIP interface on one ATM NIC.  PVC setup would be wonderful!

I have the network, machines, switches, NICS, and fiber to test all of this,
too.  Both OC-3c and OC-12c NICs here, with the OC-12c NICs being the very
well supported Fore Marconi HE622.

And if no one else can do so, I just might have to do the work myself.... :-)
But, if I do the work, I'd like to see it integrated so others can use it.

3Com Corebuilder 7000's are so cheap on eBay right now that anyone can have an
OC-12 network for little money.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology