Self-Introduction: Tim Giese

Timothy John Giese giese025 at tc.umn.edu
Sun Dec 21 19:49:26 UTC 2003

Full legal name
Timothy John Giese

Country, City
Minneapolis, MN
USA

Profession or Student status
Student

Company or School
University of Minnesota

Your goals in the Fedora Project
Submit packages that I would like to see published.

Which packages do you want to see published?
grace - popular 2D plotting program
povray - makes high quality computer graphics
openpbs - portable patch system to cluster computers
maui - job scheduler for computer clusters

Do you want to do QA?
No.  Not yet.  I mean, I'll try my best to make my packages of good
quality, but my experience might not yet be of value for assuring the
quality of packages in general.

Anything else special?
No.

Historical qualifications
I am totally unqualified.  I have no qualifications.  I've never
packaged anything before... but if I want the packages in yum, I'll
probably have to give it a good try.  I've used linux for about 4.5
years, but have not done anything related to development.

What other projects have you worked on in the past?
I have never participated in any projects.

What computer languages and other skills do you know?
Fortran 95 and perl

Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?
I'm not sure what this question implies.
I don't have the time to run a-muck, if that's what you mean.  I don't
have the time to edit your files, if that's what you're worried about.
My lack of experience makes me question myself.  I guess I'm reluctant
to trust myself until I've done something useful.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub  1024D/F211E09A 2003-12-21 Tim Giese (no comment)
<giese025 at tc.umn.edu>
     Key fingerprint = F623 715F 2F61 8402 DA07  C6B8 D484 5CFC F211
E09A
sub  1024g/72234339 2003-12-21