partitioning bug during install: RH8/9 FC1

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 05:03:49 UTC 2003

Throwing this out here for thought.  I don't think the partitioning label
has anything to do with size, but with whether it is a boot partition or
not.  If you install windows into whatever size partition first and then
install RH/FC1 the windows partition will be hda1, but if you just create a
partition and then install RH/FC1 then it will label the boot partition as
hda1.  Just a thought.