problems with dev rpm

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Mon Dec 22 16:49:39 UTC 2003

The dev RPM in the development tree (dev-3.3.9-2.i386.rpm) seems to very
reliably crash my test machine. Is anyone else seeing this sort of
behavior?

It's a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop, which uses a P2 mobile 450 CPU.

kernel-2.6.0-0.1.14.i686.rpm is installed, everything else from the
development tree seems to be up-to-date and working fine for me. But any
attempt to install dev presents me with a long trace, and a totally hung
machine.

I guess I'll bugzilla it now, then if I can get some free time tonight
try and make it generate a core before it locks up dead. But at the
moment I haven't a clue what might be the root cause, so it seemed worth
asking if anyone else has similar issues.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>