rawhide report: 20031223 changes

Ajay Ramaswamy xfs at ramaswamy.net
Wed Dec 24 02:43:56 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 23 Dec 2003 5:43 pm, Build System wrote:
> New package libexif
> 	libexif is a library for extracting extra information from image files
>
> New package xfsprogs
> 	Utilities for managing the XFS filesystem.

I tried rebuilding this with mach and it failed with this error

checking uuid/uuid.h usability... no
checking uuid/uuid.h presence... no
checking for uuid/uuid.h... no

FATAL ERROR: could not find a valid UUID header.
Install the Universally Unique Identifiers development package.

RPM build errors:

ERROR: something went wrong building this one
ERROR: inspect rpm build
log /var/tmp/mach/fedora-1-i386-core/xfsprogs-2.6.0-1/rpm.log
ERROR: failed to rebuild SRPMs

Please add e2fsprogs-devel to the build requires so we can kill this.

This leads to the question what is the basic list of packages that mach should
consider as available in the build chroot any guidelines?

Thanks & regards
Ajay