Self Introduction: Paul Heinlein

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Dec 24 15:23:47 UTC 2003

Name:     Paul Heinlein
Location: USA -- Portland, OR
Company:  Oregon Health & Science University

Goals:
  - help with QA
  - contribute needed packages; I already maintain some .specs for
    work: http://www.madboa.com/geek/specs/ -- though some of those
    are less crucial now that some of the upstream developers
    maintain their own specs.
  - help develop a consistent Legacy project, since a four-month
    upgrade cycle will wreak havoc on my servers.

Qualifications:
  - lead Linux admin at work since 1997
  - work Linux environment is pretty homogenous (x86 Red Hat) but at
    home I go wild: x86 Red Hat, SPARC Gentoo, x86 Debian, Alpha
    Debian, Alpha home-brewed rpm-ish stuff (on a Jensen!)
  - active participant in Portland Linux/Unix Group since 1997
  - languages/skills:
    * can develop in Perl and PHP
    * can do light patching in C and Python
    * have had patches accepted by developers of pine, cfengine, and
      rpm-update
    * an increasing facination with DocBook and XSLT
    * a decent writing background: I edited the local Portland
      computer magazine, Computer Bits, for 3.5 years; I wrote an
      article on FastCGI for Linux Journal back in 1998

GPG KEYID:
pub  1024D/8F54CA35 2000-11-10 Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>
     Key fingerprint = 00E5 2D6D 91C0 20D0 F596  2CC5 1E36 9C62 8F54 CA35
sub  1024g/6088B91E 2000-11-10

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>