MAS is finally added to freedesktop.org!!

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Wed Dec 24 18:27:22 UTC 2003

Looking at the MAS site, it's not obvious whether it uses the DISPLAY
variable.  Though it does talk a lot about it's integration with X.

If it *does* use the display variable, that would be reason enough in
itself to use it instead of esd and arts.

The first question remote desktop users ask me is why their speakers
don't work.  It's embarrassing to have to say that it's because we're
using Linux.  I've taken to avoiding the whole subject by not even
taking them out of the box.