VIA EPIA-M/KM-400 X driver

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Tue Dec 30 08:13:48 UTC 2003

Le mar 30/12/2003 à 05:46, Alan Cox a écrit :

> > > It breaks xine: top third of screen goes green and X locks up hard...
> > > forever...
> >
> > You've got the VIA DRI modules loaded

Sorry I'm new at testing =:-D

> This has a version of Luc Verhaegen's updates for compatibility with the VIA
> DRI layers. With this one I can play tuxracer using
> 	- 2.4.22-ac4
> 	- via_dri.so and GL modules from VIA's '38 driver
> 	- via_drv.o

Tuxracer starts but is unplayable with standard Redhat 9 kernel.

glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
AllocateDmaBuffer fail

> Movie playing with DRI works but X hangs when the player exits. Some kind of
> file descriptor handling screw up.

Xine does not hang for me on exit. All is well!

I'll work today with the module loaded.

More stuff:

s3utility

Gtk-WARNING **: Impossible de localiser le module chargeable dans
module_path : « libindustrial.so »,

Gtk-WARNING **: Impossible de localiser le module chargeable dans
module_path : « libindustrial.so »,
Xv: no usable video port found

Cheers

Tony Grant