Kernel RPM Question

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Tue Dec 30 23:23:40 UTC 2003

First of all, please snip all unnecessary text when you reply. In
particular, this goes for the auto-generated footer.

> the new kernel. However, I'm still not quite sure of how you setup your
> kernel that is used on the install cds during the installation to work on
> different machines. This scriptlet shows how it is installed, but I am
> mainly wondering how kernel is setup to be so versatile that it will work
> on different systems.

If you're asking how the kernel is configured, you'll find the config
files for each kernel in the /usr/src/linux-2.4/configs/ directory, if
you have the kernel-source rpm installed (not the same as
kernel-2.4.bla-src.rpm!). You can load it from make menufonfig and/or
make xconfig, then play around with the options.

I believe that the installation kernel is the one with BOOT in the name.

/Peter Backlund