Inclusion of cyrus-imapd and mimedefang

Howard Owen hbo at egbok.com
Wed Jul 23 17:09:29 UTC 2003

I too missed Cyrus imap when I recently moved my home mail setup
from Cyrus/Postfix/FreeBSD to Cyrus/Postfix/RH 7.3. However, you
might consider that under the new regime, Red Hat will not be supporting
the commodity OS in the same way as before. Therefore a Red Hat
"blessing" on Cyrus imapd might mean they get someone at CMU to do
the packaging. (I'm quite willing to be slapped down by someone at Red
Hat on this. But that's the way I read the new direction.) You would
essentially be no better off in that event than if you built from source
and stayed current with CMU updates. I don't know if Cyrus imapd is in
RHEL, but if it is, you might consider that option, particularly if
support is an issue. The cost on a server isn't unreasonable for a
critical infrastructure app like imap, IMHO.

--
Howard Owen                      "Even if you are on the right
EGBOK Consultants                 track, you'll get run over if you