cipe

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Jul 23 21:48:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> Cipe 1.5.4 has two different crypto algorithms (Blowfish and IDEA). They
> are mutually exclusive in the code. In addition, the two protocol types
> (3 and 4) are mutually exclusive in the code.
>
> This means, to add it to the Red Hat Linux kernel as is, there would
> need to be 4 directories with virtually identical code, simply to
> account for all 4 possible modules. Headers cannot be shared in current
> state.

That's not new. Cipe 1.4.x also has both Blowfish and IDEA. Unless compiled
with

./configure --enable-idea

it only includes Blowfish, just like with Cipe 1.5.x.

RH has, AFAIK, only shipped Cipe with Blowfish only, and I don't know of any
reason why it would be necessary or even desirable to include IDEA support
suddenly just because of moving to 1.5.x.

later,
chris