On the inclusion of cyrus-imapd

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Sat Jul 26 05:05:01 UTC 2003

  After the recent discussion of possibly including cyrus-imapd in this
upcoming release, I figured I'd check to see how things work on severn.
I've been running 2.1.12 on Red Hat 9 since Red Hat Linux 9's release
and figured I'd check for updates.  I had the 2.1.13 src rpm from Simon
Matter, but hadn't upgraded and found that 2.1.14 has since been
released.  Also, I had experimented with the 2.2.0 alpha a while ago
because I'm interested in the new virtual hosting feature.  I found that
this has been updated, too, and Simon Matter has and rpm for it
(2.2.1-2).
  So I gave an 'rpmbuild --rebuild' on severn and it failed.  It builds
fine on Red Hat 9.  Upon initial investigation, it appears that a
/var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.2.1-root/var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.2.1-root/
directory is getting created and much of the install is putting files in
there instead of just /var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.2.1-root.  I'm about to dig
into the rpm spec file and possibly the default rpm config differences
between RHL 9 and servern, but wanted to ask here if anyone else has run
into this or knew of any changes in the default rpm config that would
cause this.  It could be a simple fix to the spec file, but I'm just
wondering what changed, given that it works on RHL 9.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator