Perl module rpm dependency problem

Jeff Johnson jbj at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 21:26:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:17:47PM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:42:41PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
> > If you peek at the affected files, you'll see that they actually are not
> > "included" as far as rpm is concerned.  rpm looks at the "package foo"
> > statements when building the list of Provides, and "use/require foo" for
> > Requires.
>
> Ah yes, ok, then I shouldn't blame rpm's scripts.

Actually, the final fix needs to be in rpm helper scripts, there's
a couple of regex's that need tweaking or special casing.

Because of the nature of drilling an entire dependency tree, a global
approach is needed, case by case is better hacked around with %__find_requires.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj at redhat.com (jbj at jbj.org)