RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Nov 5 14:12:02 UTC 2003

> Gosh, yet another reason to kill kudzu/firstboot on sight.
> Let's not annoy users with this ok ?
>
> Enough people will submit this info willingly if the tool is well made
> you don't need to force-feed it to users. Last I've seen the pci db
> maintains itself well enough without any of this crap.
>
> Put big notices on bugzilla startup pages, default index.html, etc if
> you want but do not resort to any M$-like "were do we want you to go
> today" automated junkware.

I'm not sure I understand how this is junkware... I mean that if I
install a new piece of hardware I've just bought and get an error
message stating that this hardware isn't supported/doesn't work with my
Linux distribution, I would be glad to know that I can easily report
this to my distribution vendor so that I can soon enjoy my new hardware
(and I really mean it :)). But maybe I'm the only one in this case ?

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>