FC2 release dates

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Nov 8 00:20:35 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> > It would be nice to have at least one release where the kernel 2.6 may be
> > optional. Arjan's test kernels for RH9 (or rather Rawhide) fits into this
> > scheme. Enlarging the test-group without sacrificing too many (all?)
> > people ;)
>
> I think that release is FC1 + the arjan test kernel repository.

Well, making the 2.6 kernel optional (maybe through apt) without requiring
to add a new repository would help. I would consider adding Arjan's
packages to FC1 as too experimental ('as there must be a reason why Fedora
doesn't add it, right ?')

Adding it to the updates (or testing) would probably reach a bigger target
group. The next release could default to 2.6 and optionally 2.4 (for
hardware or software that worked on 2.4 but doesn't on 2.6 anymore)

It's a small difference (maybe even psychological), but if you want to
test it in advance, the more people/hardware you can test it on, the
better the next release will integrate.