ReiserFS in Anaconda?

Michael Davies michael at msdavies.net
Sat Nov 8 11:09:54 UTC 2003

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> Why does people want XFS? Any _special_ feature?

XFS was developed by SGI a while ago and has been in Irix for a longer
_time_ than any of ext2/3 and reiserfs (not sure on jfs.  ext2 probably
has had more instances ever run, but I digress).  This speaks for XFS's
rock solid stability.

As also mentioned here, terabyte filesystems and proper ACLs are included.
 Important stuff.  I'd be installing XFS be default if anaconda had it.

--
Michael Davies               Linux.Conf.Au Adelaide Jan 12-17 2004
michael at msdavies dot net  Australia's Premier Linux Conference